- Table of Contents
- Part I. Introduction
- 1. Introduction to Midgard
- 1.1. What is Midgard
- 1.2. Administration Interface
- 1.3. Examples of usage
- 1.4. Future Plans
- Part II. User Guide
- 2. Basic Development
- 2.1. Building a basic site
- 2.2. SiteGroup, Virtual Database Environment
- 2.3. PHP basics
- 3. Content Management
- 3.1. Introduction to content management
- 3.2. Advantages of dynamic pages
- 3.3. Topic trees
- 3.4. Mapping dynamic content to pages
- 3.5. Attachments
- 3.6. Problems and solutions
- 4. Interfaces
- 4.1. Going further, truly dynamic pages!
- 4.2. Possible admin interfaces
- 4.3. Basic operations
- 4.4. Ways to make it work
- 4.5. Personalization
- 5. Integration
- 5.1. Using existing services
- 5.2. Embedding external data sources
- 5.3. PHP Tools
- 5.4. How to use both Midgard and Zend
- 5.6. Adding the Jserv apache module
- 5.7. Adding non-midgard sites to the same apache server
- 5.8. Examples
- Part III. Installation and administration
- 6. Installation guide
- 6.1. Basic infrastructure
- 6.2. Midgard backend
- 6.3. Apache modules
- 6.4. Installing Midgard as static modules in Apache
- 6.5. Starting up
- 6.6. Administration
- A. Frequently Asked Questions
- A.1. Meta-information
- A.1.1. Who wrote this FAQ?
- A.1.2. Where can I find the latest version of this FAQ?
- A.1.3. Where can I get information about Midgard?
- A.1.4. Is there an archive for this mailing list?
- A.2. General
- A.2.1. What is the license model? What am I allowed to do with
- A.2.2. Where are the release names coming from?
- A.3. Installing Midgard
- A.3.1. Where can I download Midgard?
- A.3.2. Can I access Midgard via CVS?
- A.3.3. When I try to build the midgard-lib module I get
"midgard.c:25: crypt.h: No such file or
- A.3.4. Everything seems to work, the logfile shows a succesful
pagewalk, but all pages return 404 Not
- A.3.5. Everything seems to work, but all the images are
- A.3.6. When I try to build the Midgard-PHP module, I get
"apxs:Break: Command failed with
- A.3.7. configure keeps telling me it can't find the MySQL
- A.3.8. configure tells me it can't find mgd_...
- A.3.9. I get an 'parse error in /www/httpd/html/midgard-root.php3 on line 13'... and midgard-root.php3 is only 12 lines long
- A.3.10. When I attempt to access midgard-root.php3 I get a blank
- A.3.11. Apache error log contains the message: "[error] Midgard
initialization failed". What's wrong?
- A.3.12. I have successfully installed Midgard, but when I go to
the Example/Admin site it just shows 'It worked!'
- A.3.13. When I update a page or style record, Midgard keeps
escaping my quotes with backslashes
- A.3.14. The admin site prompts me for a password. How do I get
- A.3.15. Midgard reports an error in the root page at line 12,
but the root page is only 11 lines
- A.3.16. Can Midgard do <wild feature XYZZY>?
- A.3.17. Are there any applications available for Midgard?
- A.4. Using Midgard
- A.4.1. How does Midgard use hostnames or map URLs? How does
- A.4.2. How do I generate my own Web site with Midgard?
- A.4.3. How do I access the Midgard hosts I've created?
- A.4.4. Hey, my Midgard example site answers as Admin site!?!
- A.4.5. Can I use multiple styles within a single host?
- A.4.6. How do I use the Midgard articles?
- A.4.7. What are the "<| 0 |>" score widgets and how are
- A.4.8. code-init is an element name that has
special meaning to Midgard. I've also seen
code-global. Is there a list of these
special element names and their meanings
- A.5. Other questions
- A.5.1. Is the Midgard distribution an entire replacement for my
current PHP build?
- A.5.2. What, if you don't mind explaining, makes Midgard
different (or better?) than Zope?
- A.5.3. Is Midgard internationalized? Can I use complex character
sets with Midgard?
- A.5.4. How difficult would it be to replace MySQL with Oracle or some other RDBMS?
- A.5.5. It seems that currently Midgard works only on Unix
platforms. Is there a Windows version?